UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > General Discussion > Tellng your signifcant other

Karina

I have a boyfriend and have not told him about UD firstly cause the only diagnosis i have had is a crummy doc saying you have to vaginas! But ive become good at directing during sex. But if anyone has had to how did you go about telling your significant other. and how did they take it??? anything helps

thanks 

karina

December 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PalePrincess

I was diagnosed just over a month ago and had that same trepidation of telling my husband...it's hard, because you're not sure how they will react and you already feel so strange about it anyway.  

I just told him straight out---the man didn't even bat an eye (he's a keeper!). He just had a lot of questions about women's anatomy in general and how mine was different.  It didn't affect him wanting to have sex or attraction level, which was what I was most concerned about---it is definitely an overwhelming thing to tell someone you are intimate with!

Good luck on telling your boyfriend and if he is a good guy, there shouldn't be a problem at all---just be prepared for lots of questions! lol

--

God Bless

http://mytwouteruses.blogspot.com/

December 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cassie

When I was diagnosed the GP I originally saw referred me to a gynaecology consultant, as it is possible to have two vaginas without two uteri/cervixes (a complete vaginal septum rather than UD), and they can often be misdiagnosed (as the doctor told me). I'd chase that up with the doctor to confirm the diagnosis.
My boyfriend accepted the condition very well, and was not phased by it at all. As we'd only ever been with eachother he'd noticed the two vaginas but not really thought anything of it, just assuming that was normal (bless him). I just told him outright too, then let him ask any questions (though to be honest he just wanted to know I was OK rather than any anatomy!)
Good luck and hope all goes well.

December 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dancing Ice Princess

Karina at December 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I have a boyfriend and have not told him about UD firstly cause the only diagnosis i have had is a crummy doc saying you have to vaginas! But ive become good at directing during sex. But if anyone has had to how did you go about telling your significant other. and how did they take it??? anything helps

thanks 

karina

Hi, Karina.

I have told my fiance three years ago, and he didn't believe me. Even if I showed him the ultrasound, took him to the OB (he didn't talk to my doctor), and still he has the cave-man thinking that it is not possible. He eventually joked that we could have twins. :)

School teaches 1-uterus, 1-cervix, and 1 vagina. Seriously. Health classes should teach what is real. Even if it's just a certain number of women who have UD.

--

March 26, 2016 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vica

I found out 1,5 years ago on a check up because I didn't get my period for several months after stopping with contraceptives (due to PCOS). I had had suspicions earlier about the "two vaginas" but had managed to deny it as I'd had several gyn exams and none of my partners had said anything. 

I was a bit nervous but as my husband knew i was going to the gynocologist I gathered I'll just tell him afterwards. It turned out it was a lot bigger thing for me than it was for him. He basically said that he'd never felt anything different and if I was ok with it he was too. 

March 31, 2016 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.