UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > General Discussion > surgery to remove vaginal septum on tuesday

Alexa

Hey!

So as the title states ^ im going into surgery on tuesday (18th Feb) to have my longitudinal septum removed.. it runs from the entry up to my two cervixes. 

FYI, I have to completely seperate uterus' and two seperate passages as well. So im getting the skin seperating the two passages removed so that i can funciton properly. I havent been able to have sex or use tampons. 

So im a little nervous , but extremely excited! 

Does anyone have any stories , tips or advice to share in regards to their experience with surgery? I know ill be under anesthetic and will also be staying the night in hospital. I also have to have a catheter, which is what is scaring me the most!

February 15, 2014 at 1:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalePrincess

I just had my longitudinal vaginal septum removed in December...my first time going under anesthesia, too...it can seem very intimidating! I was in surgery for about three hours (they did the cathetar while I was under and removed it before I woke up) and then recovery almost two before I was sent home with anti nausea meds, pain meds, and anti-inflammatory meds.

I bled like during an average period and that was completely done within about 4 days. I had some mild discomfort initially (usually with movement) which worsened, but that was because I happened to get a kidney infection at the same time as recovery---from what I have heard from everyone else's experience, th pain is very controllable with medication and temporary.

It has been over two months since my surgery and my sex life is great and I have no discomfort or problems since the septum was removed.

Good luck to you! I hope everything goes smoothly!

--

God Bless

http://mytwouteruses.blogspot.com/

February 15, 2014 at 4:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alexa

Thank you so much for your response.

Im currenlty sitting in a hospital bed recovering really well. Its 8.45pm in Sydney and I had the surgery at 8am. Im staying in over night. For some reason im in absolutely no pain as of yet. The only pain i had was when they removed the catheter and when they removed the packing/badaging from inside of me. 

Im so happy with how its going so far, and i hope that my sex life too can be great & that i dont encounter any problems with healing or scar tissue.

February 18, 2014 at 4:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PalePrincess

So glad to hear everything during the surgery went well!  Forgot about getting packing removed...that did suck lol. You probably won't have much if any more pain then you do now, just a tweak every now and then when something gets tugged. And my bleeding stopped completely within a week...I just had the occasionally stitch fall out but no problem other then that. Hope you get to go home soon and continue to heal well!

--

God Bless

http://mytwouteruses.blogspot.com/

February 18, 2014 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

cyoung22

Hey I know this is a year late but I have also had my septum removed. I was only suposed to be in the hospital for a couple of hours after the surgery but my septum was a lot thicker than the doctor expected. I had to stay all day but I chose to go home and not stay the night. When I awoke from the surgery it was the worst pain I have ever felt (I was in tears)! That was a year ago and I am just getting to the point that I can do jumping jacks and not pee a little. That was an unexpected surprise. Did you experiance that as well? It getts better the more I workout and work that muscle. Hope you are doing well!!

August 13, 2015 at 5:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.