UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Your Questions > PLEASE HELP!

AnettL

Hello!

I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and I have uterus didelphys with a full vaginal septum. I know that most women with UD give birth through a c-section, but my doctor said that if my baby is positioned right, which she was during my last visit, there would be no reason for me to have a c-section. I feel like I have not been informed about different complications. Searching online I always find that there could be complications during natural birth, but what kind of complications exactly? I'm very scared of giving birth naturally and I would lean towards a c-section myself, but my doctor probably wouldn't let me decide if I don't know about different complications. Can anyone please tell me what kind of complications could occur during natural birth with this syndrome? I know that my vaginal septum could tear and sex life would probably not be the same after giving birth. I feel like this is a part of my body and I wouldn't want to have it tear up. Time is running out and I'm actually paniced about what will happen because I feel like doctors in my country are not informed enough about this condition and also they don't really answer to my questions enough. I have not been treated as high risk or monitored more than anyone with a normal uterus, so reading how everyone else has been looked more closely at with this condition, makes me feel even more scared because I don't know anything about my condition :(

Thank you very much for your time and I hope that I will get answers before my due date!

July 27, 2015 at 5:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Patti

Do you still have two uterus? Or did they make them one (as they did for me). If you had surgery on your uterus to make them one, you should have a section for sure. If you have the pregnancy in one uterus only, It may be possible to be pregnant in one and deliver ok. As far as the septum goes, I had my septum removed, nothing really changed:)

good luck!

July 27, 2015 at 7:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wigha

I have two of everything like you and multiple doctors saw no reason why I couldn't have a normal delivery.  My own doctor had done a few deliveries for women with vaginal septums.  He said that usually the septum will stretch but sometimes it can rip.  If that happens it isn't a big complication and possibly an easier recovery than a c section.  My daughter ended up being breech so I had a scheduled c section.

July 27, 2015 at 7:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Laurie

Hi Anett,

I understand your concerns, I also was afraid of delivering naturally and it was also given to me as an option (with twins)...my water broke early, however, so I delivered by scheduled C-section. The thought of delivering vaginally with a septum scared me. I didn't know if the babies would get stuck, or I would be in terrible pain...I was afraid of rupture...ect. I would imagine that your OB/GYN would have you deliver in the O.R. just incase an emergency C-section was necessary? As far as complications, try not to google too much on what could go wrong (easier said than done, I know)...I, too, wanted to hope for the best and prepare for the worst, but if you read too many horror stories, you will not be in a good "mind set" for your delivery. There is never any reasurrance that a delivery will go as planned. I'm assuming your baby is head down since you said the doctor said she is "positioned right"? There may be a chance your baby will turn before your DD and be breach...which would make you a candidate for a C-section. If not, I have read of women that had a septum and still delivered vaginally...if you would like, I can look for the link and copy/paste it to you, it may be old though, it was over four years ago that I did my research on the matter. Best of luck to you and please try not to worry so much, you can ALWAYS find another doctor if you don't feel like your doctor is handling you the best way possible...you should be considered "higher" risk with Didelphys...some doctors just don't "get it"! Believe me, I've met my share of those ones! :mad:

PM me anytime if you need to talk more or want advice. I have four girls, two were in one uterus and two were in the other...I made it through each pregnancy and delivery and am here to support ;)

--

"Hope is a waking dream"

July 27, 2015 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnettL

Thank you for your responses. I know I shouldn't worry and take it easy but it really is easier said than done. I would feel a lot better if doctors took my condition seriously enough to even answer my questions. The problem is that they don't know much about this condition since it is quite rare, especially in such a little country like Estonia. I'm worried that sex life after delivery would be different or even painful after the rupture. I know that nobody can tell me what it's gonna be like after delivery, but I still hope to read more about different experiences :)

July 28, 2015 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Laurie

Here is a link to a web forum called Baby Center...the group is called "Moms with a Bicornuate Uterus" - but there are women with all uterus types that belong to it. You can read about their situations that relate to yours by typing in the search bar. It's one of the few places that I have found with the most information. There really isn't too much out there on this topic...but hopefully we can change that ;)

Here is the link

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a21486617

and here is group's link

http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a599925

--

"Hope is a waking dream"

July 28, 2015 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnettL

Thank you very much Laurie :) You're very sweet!

July 29, 2015 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

AnettL at July 27, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Hello!

I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and I have uterus didelphys with a full vaginal septum. I know that most women with UD give birth through a c-section, but my doctor said that if my baby is positioned right, which she was during my last visit, there would be no reason for me to have a c-section. I feel like I have not been informed about different complications. Searching online I always find that there could be complications during natural birth, but what kind of complications exactly? I'm very scared of giving birth naturally and I would lean towards a c-section myself, but my doctor probably wouldn't let me decide if I don't know about different complications. Can anyone please tell me what kind of complications could occur during natural birth with this syndrome? I know that my vaginal septum could tear and sex life would probably not be the same after giving birth. I feel like this is a part of my body and I wouldn't want to have it tear up. Time is running out and I'm actually paniced about what will happen because I feel like doctors in my country are not informed enough about this condition and also they don't really answer to my questions enough. I have not been treated as high risk or monitored more than anyone with a normal uterus, so reading how everyone else has been looked more closely at with this condition, makes me feel even more scared because I don't know anything about my condition :(

Thank you very much for your time and I hope that I will get answers before my due date!

my baby was born prematurely at 35 weeks. I was supposed to have and was expecting a C section, but nope! never had time to get it. My daughter was born in less than an hour after my waters broke, naturally. It has been 20 years now. 

It is useless to want to know everything in advance. Don't worry for stuff the you have no power on. And this is coming from a control freak.

best of luck

--

July 29, 2015 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redfox199

A friend of mine have a bicornuate uterus... I found an article about it http://motherhow.com/bicornuate-uterus/ and I don't know what to think...

December 5, 2016 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kgro601

AnettL at July 28, 2015 at 1:12 PM

Thank you for your responses. I know I shouldn't worry and take it easy but it really is easier said than done. I would feel a lot better if doctors took my condition seriously enough to even answer my questions. The problem is that they don't know much about this condition since it is quite rare, especially in such a little country like Estonia. I'm worried that sex life after delivery would be different or even painful after the rupture. I know that nobody can tell me what it's gonna be like after delivery, but I still hope to read more about different experiences :)

I know this post is older, but thank you so much for posting those links! It's hard to find people who are in similar situations, so any bit of support helps.

January 11, 2017 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leanna
I gave birth to my son in November, I was induced due at 38 weeks . I also have a transverse septum. I had a vaginal birth. It went well. No complication at all! If you have an questions feel free to message :) good luck
January 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Leanna
try vaginal birth, a lot of woman end up with c section due to the baby being breeched. My doctor told me we would go for a vaginal and birth and see how it goes from there. If any complication we will do a c-section.
January 16, 2017 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.