UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Your Questions > 1st Pregnancy 16weeks - lopsided bump...?

LindaX
About to hit my 17 week mark and my belly is starting to develop. I purposely got pregnant on my left side using the logic that it may be larger as my left septum is the road more traveled ;) Anyways I'm noticing the bump primary on that side; not yet moving toward the middle of my belly. My high risk doc says it will shift over to the middle but not convinced. Do UD women have more of a lopsided bump throughout, or..? Anyone?
February 8, 2017 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LindaX
My experience: my fiancé and I got pregnant the first month we tried. I used those ovulation pee strips from Amazon and lemme tell you- they worked like gangbusters. I've already resigned to wanting a c-section as it seems to make more sense for a lot of health reasons and my sisters have all had them without this condition. Also, sex has never hurt and I'd like to keep it that way.. I've gotten rave reviews on that 'kungfu grip' feel due to the septum. Would never dream of having it removed
February 8, 2017 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

renee & her two boys

LindaX at February 8, 2017 at 3:03 AM

About to hit my 17 week mark and my belly is starting to develop. I purposely got pregnant on my left side using the logic that it may be larger as my left septum is the road more traveled ;) Anyways I'm noticing the bump primary on that side; not yet moving toward the middle of my belly. My high risk doc says it will shift over to the middle but not convinced. Do UD women have more of a lopsided bump throughout, or..? Anyone?

My belly was huge but not lopsided in appearance front on. But when I was lying down, it did seem a bit lopsided when Bub was pushing in that direction. Good luck!
April 26, 2017 at 8:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JK

Hi there! I'm new to this site! LindaX, I'd just really like to know how you "purposely" got pregnant on that side!?I have no idea when I'm ovulating, let alone which side is ovulating. Tbh, I don't even know if each of my uteri ovulate every other month and take turns, or what. I do have only 1 ovary attached to each uterus. I have two cervixes, but one vagina. We've been ttc for almost 8 months now and I thought maybe we just weren't having sex at the right times. So last month, we did it nearly every single day. I just started my period today. :( Very disappointing to say the least. Do any of you still have periods in your other uterus when you're pregnant? Thanks for the advice/tips/help/support, ladies. <3

May 2, 2017 at 9:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vica

JK at May 2, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Hi there! I'm new to this site! LindaX, I'd just really like to know how you "purposely" got pregnant on that side!?I have no idea when I'm ovulating, let alone which side is ovulating. Tbh, I don't even know if each of my uteri ovulate every other month and take turns, or what. I do have only 1 ovary attached to each uterus. I have two cervixes, but one vagina. We've been ttc for almost 8 months now and I thought maybe we just weren't having sex at the right times. So last month, we did it nearly every single day. I just started my period today. :( Very disappointing to say the least. Do any of you still have periods in your other uterus when you're pregnant? Thanks for the advice/tips/help/support, ladies. <3

Hi JK, maybe I can help you with some of your questions.

The way ovulation works is that only one egg ovulates each cycle, so either from your right or left ovary. (Seldom two eggs may ovulate, which is one mechanism that twins may be conceived.) The egg is usually caught by the tuba on the same side as it i usually closest and led to that side of the uterus, but sometimes can also be caught by the other side. I understand that some women claim that they can feel the pain from the ovulation and therefor can guess which side it is on. Otherwise I don't know either how you could choose unless you either do insemination/IVF or I you'd happen to have a vaginal septum and choose to only have sex on one side.

Do you have regular cycles? Cause then you should be able to figure out about when you have your cycle. It is typicaly 14 day's before the menstruation starts. How long is your typical cycle? Another way of finding out if you're unsure is special tests you should be able to find at a pharmacy. It's like a pregnancytest you take which measures hormones in your urine and tells you when you're most likely to ovulate.

It can be hard work and emotional stress to "have to have" sex every day for a month! I myself have PCOS and rarely ovulate and got medication to induce it and our gynocologist recommended sex every second day during the one week where ovulation could be expected. 

June 4, 2017 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MrsP
Hi, I had a very lopsided bump, my son was breach and in my right uterus. His head was stuck up under my ribs on the left side and him bottom was stick out of the bottom right of my bump. I used to get lots of comments from people as it was very obviously lopsided. I wish I had known then that I had uterus didelphys, I wasn't diagnosed until recently. But the wonky bump now makes sense :) best of luck in your pregnancy !
June 5, 2017 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.