UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Your Questions > IVF with UD...how may embryos in each womb??

[email protected]

Hi ladies,

I could do with some advice!!! My husband and I are just about to start our first cycle of IVF, and our consultant is concerned about how many embryos to put back in each womb. For a 'normal' lady...they usually put 2, but they are concerned that due to my UD meaning you don't usually go full term, that the risk of putting 2 in one uterus is too high if I fall pregnant with twins. Or, can you imagine if both embryos divide...I could end up with 2 sets of twins in one womb!!! Eeek! (the chances of that are very very small!) She is worried the uterus might  rupture...even with only twins.

I have had one successful pregnancy in my left uterus, I went to 34 weeks, my son was a healthy 6lbs 6oz!

The other option is to put one embryo in each uterus. I've had an HSG and it showed that both my uteri are the same size, so theoretically, I could carry one in each at the same time. However, she's worried that worst case scenario, the wombs would both fight for room and one baby could end up smaller. Although I did see a lady in the US successfully gave birth to one from each womb and both babies were fine!

Anyway...all we want is to give ourselves the best chance for a baby...the chance of falling with twins is small...and the majority of women who have 2 embryos put back in only end up pregnant with one baby. If I only have one put back in and I don't end up with any babies I shall be gutted. So, what do you all think I should do??? have any of you had IVF, if so what did you do???

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks Emma x

September 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Milo1995

This question was posted a while ago. I am curious about the choice you/your dr. has made!

Can you tell us?

March 14, 2010 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Hi Milo,

Thanks for asking about the outcome of my IVF. I was a little disappointed that no one could offer any advice for me at the time. However, my first IVF cycle in November failed, but my consultant was VERY insistant that I should only have one embyro put back in. She was concerned about the implications of a twin pregnancy in either of my wombs when I only got to 34 weeks with a single pregnancy before. She said I could rupture, or that the babies may be extremely premature and have health issues. So I took her advice....

However, my second cycle which i have just finished has resulted in some rather marvellous news!!! I am pregnant!!! I only found out last week, so am about 5 weeks. Again, I only had a single embryo, put in my left womb. I am utterly delighted, but slightly petrified!  I just hope everything will be alright. At least this time round I don't have a vaginal septum to deal with as i had it removed after my son ws born. So fingers crossed!! Hoorah!

Emma x

April 11, 2010 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alison

Congrats on the successful IVF!  Fingers crossed for an uneventful pregnancy.  :)

April 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Milo1995

Congratulation on your pregnancy Emma. I wish for you a trouble-free pregnancy and a nice and healthy baby.

Will you keep in touch? I am very curious, since I am trying to get pregnant myself.

April 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Thanks ladies!!!

I think I am still slightly stunned by the news, but am so happy. Lets hope that it is a trouble free pregnancy. We have a scan booked on Thursday, to see if all is ok and its in the right place, so fingers crossed. I will let you know how it goes.

When I was pregnant with my son (16 years ago!!) I had a massive bleed at 11 weeks...docs said it came from the un-pregnant womb, so I wonder if that will happen again???

Good luck with TTC Milo...

Emma x

April 17, 2010 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

XimenaDelaney

Without any question. Everyone should choose IVF and fulfill the dream of having child.

August 18, 2015 at 5:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LandenTerrell

Remember the goal of every IVF treatment cycle is the delivery of healthy baby. For couples going to IVF how many embryos should we transfer? Is one of the toughest questions to face? However, its answer should be evaluated after analyzing number of factors such as age, past pregnancies and embryo quality. Your doctors will consider all these factors and will make an informed decision to have successful pregnancy.

August 20, 2015 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mariangela

[email protected] at April 11, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Hi Milo,

Thanks for asking about the outcome of my IVF. I was a little disappointed that no one could offer any advice for me at the time. However, my first IVF cycle in November failed, but my consultant was VERY insistant that I should only have one embyro put back in. She was concerned about the implications of a twin pregnancy in either of my wombs when I only got to 34 weeks with a single pregnancy before. She said I could rupture, or that the babies may be extremely premature and have health issues. So I took her advice....

However, my second cycle which i have just finished has resulted in some rather marvellous news!!! I am pregnant!!! I only found out last week, so am about 5 weeks. Again, I only had a single embryo, put in my left womb. I am utterly delighted, but slightly petrified!  I just hope everything will be alright. At least this time round I don't have a vaginal septum to deal with as i had it removed after my son ws born. So fingers crossed!! Hoorah!

Emma x

Hello Emma

im in the same situation like u

im 37 and planning an ivf next month , can u please tell me which protocol you followed ?

how is the baby doing

should be 4 /5 years old now ?

best regards MA

February 6, 2017 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.