UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Your Experiences > ill break the ice

brittni
Ok. Ill break the ice. I'm brittni. I'm 20 yrs old and newly married. I'm also exspecting. I've been pregnant before. I have UD double vag, cervix, and uterus. Last time I was pregnant I had twins. Well kinda. One was a blighted ovum and the other was a little worm looking thing. The Dr told me there was only one pregnancy it wasn't viable and sent me home to let it "pass natrally". I misscarried the "non exsistant" ok at home and hemmoraged the blighted ovam and nearly bled to death. The Dr treated me like I was ignorant and stupid. Telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. When I tryed to exsplain what happend. And that I knew about UD and how it was formed and such. I'm pregnant again and terrifed. Does anyone know a Dr that can treat a UD pregnancy. I'm waiting on medicaid. But there takeing for ever. I'm 21 weeks along according to the health department. Or can someone at least tell me what to exspect from a UD pregnancy? Anything at all. My husband will be gone soon to basic. And well I don't know anything to exspect. I'm scared. Like a lot!
October 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Laura B

Well, as all pregnancies are different I can only give you my experience.  I also have UD (double cervix & double uterus) and Ended up with an amazing pregnancy.  No complications except for premature delivery. I had my son at just over 33 weeks and he was perfectly healthy.  I was able to have him vaginally & medication free. Many women with UD however, have c-section due to a breech baby or vaginal septum, but I got lucky.  He was in the NICU for about 3 weeks, but only because of his size and was learning to breastfeed which took a while.  Other than that he is wonderful and has no lasting health problems! He is almost 10 months old and thriving! My doctor told me that our first pregnancy is an indicator of future births so I will likely have preemies because lack of room in my uterus. Best of luck to you mama!

October 30, 2009 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alison

Hi, sorry to hear about your earlier miscarriage.  Glad this pregnancy is going well for you. 

I have had one baby.  I have UD with double uterus, two cervix, but no vaginal septum (was removed when UD discovered at 13).  My pregnancy was relatively uneventful in terms of the UD.  Baby was in the right side, I was being monitored closely in the 2nd and 3rd trimester by an Obstetrician.  We were trying to get the pregnancy to 34 weeks, but I went into labour at 30 weeks, as baby had run out of room in me.  She was in breech position, so was delivered by c-section.  Other than being early, she's had no lasting problems from being premature.  Just needed to grow and learn to breastfeed.  She was in NICU for 7 weeks.

There does seem to be a huge lack of experienced doctors with knowledge of UD.  It can be difficult to find one who has previous experience of it, as the condition is quite rare.  Hope you can have better luck in finding someone who knows about it.

November 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

unique_girl

I am 39 years old, I also have UD, including double vagina, two cervix, and one kidney. I had two kids, my oldest is 17 and both were born by c-section. My very first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and the docs back then told me I would never have kids. Not true! I have two teenagers now, so don't lose hope. My kids were born full-term, no complications but I did have to have C-sections, with never the possibility of a natural delivery. Since then over the years I have continued to have issues that I believe are based on the double vagina aspect. After a (double) hysterectomy a few years ago I experienced a prolapsed urethra which is also extremely rare. The follow-up surgery to repair that issue has left me with an uncomfortable constant nagging pain when I sit for long periods of time, like I do at my desk every single day at work...I went to a new and highly recommended Urologist recently but he was useless.  I am back to square one because I changed jobs and health insurance, so I get to spring my condition on a different doctor now. Here is a tip, take my advice: Prior to seeing a NEW OB/GYN tell them in advance as much of your history as you can, bring medical records, etc. This is a RARE condition and a lot of doctors have not experienced it first hand. Don't let them make you feel like you are weird! You may want to give them a chance to Google it before you go. Male doctors can be especially insensitive, although there are some good ones out there too. I made my screen name for this website "unique girl" but honestly, truly, I would love to just be normal. Good luck to everyone out there!

--
February 21, 2010 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kanekl

brittni at October 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Ok. Ill break the ice. I'm brittni. I'm 20 yrs old and newly married. I'm also exspecting. I've been pregnant before. I have UD double vag, cervix, and uterus. Last time I was pregnant I had twins. Well kinda. One was a blighted ovum and the other was a little worm looking thing. The Dr told me there was only one pregnancy it wasn't viable and sent me home to let it "pass natrally". I misscarried the "non exsistant" ok at home and hemmoraged the blighted ovam and nearly bled to death. The Dr treated me like I was ignorant and stupid. Telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. When I tryed to exsplain what happend. And that I knew about UD and how it was formed and such. I'm pregnant again and terrifed. Does anyone know a Dr that can treat a UD pregnancy. I'm waiting on medicaid. But there takeing for ever. I'm 21 weeks along according to the health department. Or can someone at least tell me what to exspect from a UD pregnancy? Anything at all. My husband will be gone soon to basic. And well I don't know anything to exspect. I'm scared. Like a lot!

I found out while pregnant with my son. Basically what happens is every week or two of your pregnancy you have an ultrasound to measure the length of your cervix. I was put on bed rest a 6 1/2 months. Had a nirmal vaginal delivery at 36 weeks. My son was fully developed.
February 3, 2016 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.