UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > General Discussion > Double cervix??

Catherine M
Hi, does anyone know do you always have a double cervix with uterus didelphys? I have just been told I have a didelphic uterus with both uterine cavities similar in size. Thanks.x
May 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

laurenjolynn

Catherine M at May 10, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Hi, does anyone know do you always have a double cervix with uterus didelphys? I have just been told I have a didelphic uterus with both uterine cavities similar in size. Thanks.x

Yes most of us do, I have 2 complete cervix

May 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

katie

I also have two cervixes, one is much smaller than the other in my case. 

May 17, 2011 at 2:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Catherine M
Ok thanks for your answers! I was curious as I diddnt get alot of detail. Does this have any complications? Would they notice this during a pap test?
May 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alison

I think for it to be true uterus didelphys you have two completely separate uteri (ie; fully separated, not a complete septum) two cervix and in most cases a vaginal septum.

May 23, 2011 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alison

Oh and regarding pap smears, I've been having them since my late teens (now age 37) and they've only ever been able to see one of my cervix's.  The right side.  So unless it's been commented on during your pap smear that they're doing both, you need to mention it to them.  I did with my last one a few weeks ago, and they couldn't find the left side.  So I suspect it's impossible for it to be smeared without having more invasive procedures than a standard pap smear.

May 23, 2011 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Catherine M
I had an MRI scan & all they mentioned was the didelphic uterus & that they were of similar sizes.
May 24, 2011 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Catherine M
Thanks for info. Alison?
May 24, 2011 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.