UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Your Questions > Longitudinal Vaginal Septum

hensona45

I am 18 years old, I found out yesterday I have two uterus and tissue blocking my cervix. I have so many questions but NO ONE that I know has even heard of this happening.. I'm in a state of shock and confusion.. Does this mean I have two of everything???

August 22, 2012 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alexa

hi there! im sorry its taken so long for someone to reply to you. im hoping you know your answer by now, as it differs for everybody. some ladies have 2 uterus' two cervices and two vaginas whereas others may have two uterus' but only one vaginal opening. best of luck. 

January 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

louisa
I dont believe in this word two vaginas...do u have two vaginal holes? i have one vaginal hole with a septum which is really thin skin you don't no is their.... I can only have sex on the right side of the septum and sex is great! X
February 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alexa

Hi Louisa. This phrase 'two vaginas'  is actually correct, so yes in my case I have two vagina holes.I have two completely seperate reproductive systems, two uterus', two cervices' and two vagina ' holes ' not just a septum.

As i said, this condition differs for everybody.

February 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alexandra Ross

Alexa at February 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Hi Louisa. This phrase 'two vaginas'  is actually correct, so yes in my case I have two vagina holes.I have two completely seperate reproductive systems, two uterus', two cervices' and two vagina ' holes ' not just a septum.

That's very interesting. Do you have two vulvae?

February 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alexa

Alexandra Ross at February 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM

That's very interesting. Do you have two vulvae?

Hey! No i dont, externally, it all looks like any one elses :) i didnt realise i had complete duplication until this year , and im 19. so it wasn't known until i had an MRI . 

February 23, 2013 at 4:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lucy

I'm like Alexa, although I call mine a septum (habit) I had two separate vaginas. I had 3 laparoscopys for Endometriosis, hundreds of pelvic exams and transvaginal ultrasounds and noone even noticed!! It even looked normal to me! 

February 23, 2013 at 7:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

becky_999

Hi, I'm new to the site so a little nervous. 

I've been absolutely convinced that something wasnt quite right down there for the last few years, I started having sex 3 years ago (i'm 22 now) and knew from the very first time that something was different. So after 3 years of telling doctors that something isnt right it was discovered that i have 2 of everything! Uterus didelphys, two cerixes and two vaginas! 

I am waiting for an appointment to see a Reproductive Endocrinologist, I know they are removing the septum in just my vagina. As it causes ALOT of pain for me to have sex. Thankfully my boyfriend is very understanding and he's the only person i've ever been with so is familiar with my "issue"! 

I'm a little scared about the surgery, i shouldnt be! I've had heart surgery 4 times so this should be a piece of cake. The only bit i'm a bit uncomfortable with is using the dilators and stuff afterwards. 

Anyone who would share their story would be great thank you! 

March 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ammu

hi every body, i have complete two female reproductive system (two uterus ,two cervix and two vagina) ,i lost my baby last month ,it was at 19th week .can any one have healthy baby with this problem.i am very much afraid about this problem.can i get healthy baby?can any one please explain?
April 19, 2013 at 5:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MP 1986

Hi there Ammu, a healthy baby and pregnancy is absolutely possible. I posted about this topic just yesterday. Every case is different of course, but I was scared before falling pregnant as I know there are alot of instances where it doesn't follow the ideal plan. Medical professionals seem to know alot more these days, and although it is still a rare condition, the success rate of pregnancies is promising. I had a normal pregnancy (with UD) and gave birth naturally in October. Best of luck to all;

April 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ammu

MP 1986 at April 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hi there Ammu, a healthy baby and pregnancy is absolutely possible. I posted about this topic just yesterday. Every case is different of course, but I was scared before falling pregnant as I know there are alot of instances where it doesn't follow the ideal plan. Medical professionals seem to know alot more these days, and although it is still a rare condition, the success rate of pregnancies is promising. I had a normal pregnancy (with UD) and gave birth naturally in October. Best of luck to all;

hi thanks for your information. how is your baby?. Now i have confident from your words. i have some questions.

what are the difficulties did you face during pregnancy ?

how can you  takecare of you and baby during pregnancy?

thanks for your reply .

April 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MP 1986

Hi there Ammu,

Baby is happy, healthy and a bit big for his age.

The difficulties faced during pregnancy was just sore ribs due to less room; but otherwise all was progressing normally. And resting more during the third trimester of pregnancy would be good advice to ensure bub and mum remain well if all things are progressing normally.

Regards,

--

"Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue." - Buddha

May 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

LolaM

My dr told me the live, full term birth rate was 67% for a person with UD. I have one complete uterus, its just in 2 pieces. I have only 2 fallopian tubes but 2 uteruses and 2 cervixes. My dr says i have 2 vaginas, my husband doesnt find that amusing! lol

May 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ftonbabylove

ammu at April 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM

hi thanks for your information. how is your baby?. Now i have confident from your words. i have some questions.

thanks for your reply .

Hi Ammu, I just wanted to briefly share my success stories! I have two uteruses, two cervixes and a septum and have had 2 healthy babies. My son was in my left uterus and I went to 37 weeks and 6 days and he was born vaginally and perfect! My daughter was in my right uterus and I ended up going into labour at 33 weeks, they stopped it until 34 weeks 2 days and she was born via csection due to her being breech. She was in the NICU for 12 days but otherwise perfect! They are 3 years old and 9 months now! The typical concern for people with UD is preterm labour due to smaller than normal uteruses and incompetent cervix becaus the cervixes tend to be shorter. It can also take longer to get pregnant due to the septum, if you're having sex on one side of the septum and ovulate from the other, the egg and sperm don't meet up. I have been very blessed to have two happy healthy pregnancies and babies! Feel free to ask any other questions!

--

Victoria

Live, Love, Laugh

May 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ammu

ftonbabylove at May 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

thanks for your reply .

Hi Ammu, I just wanted to briefly share my success stories! I have two uteruses, two cervixes and a septum and have had 2 healthy babies. My son was in my left uterus and I went to 37 weeks and 6 days and he was born vaginally and perfect! My daughter was in my right uterus and I ended up going into labour at 33 weeks, they stopped it until 34 weeks 2 days and she was born via csection due to her being breech. She was in the NICU for 12 days but otherwise perfect! They are 3 years old and 9 months now! The typical concern for people with UD is preterm labour due to smaller than normal uteruses and incompetent cervix becaus the cervixes tend to be shorter. It can also take longer to get pregnant due to the septum, if you're having sex on one side of the septum and ovulate from the other, the egg and sperm don't meet up. I have been very blessed to have two happy healthy pregnancies and babies! Feel free to ask any other questions!

hi ftonbabylove

thanks for your reply.i love child but my 1st baby boy died inside womb .i am very much sad about that.from all your words are give confident .i have one question .my docter told me to remove one uterus.what is ur uterus size can u plz tell me.did u do any surgery for this? 

thanks 

ammu

May 22, 2013 at 2:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ftonbabylove

ammu at May 22, 2013 at 2:50 AM

ftonbabylove at May 20, 2013 at 9:02 PM

thanks for your reply .

hi ftonbabylove

thanks for your reply.i love child but my 1st baby boy died inside womb .i am very much sad about that.from all your words are give confident .i have one question .my docter told me to remove one uterus.what is ur uterus size can u plz tell me.did u do any surgery for this? 

thanks 

ammu

Hi Ammu, I am very sorry about the loss of your first son. I can't imagine going through that. I have never heard of removing a uterus simply because of having uterus didelphys. I would think there would have to be something wrong with the uterus. I have not had any surgery (other than a csection with my second baby due to her being breech). I know then will sometimes do surgery to remove the septum because it can cause sex to be painful or could probably interfere with getting pregnant but other than that I don't think you would need surgery.

--

Victoria

Live, Love, Laugh

May 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MEO

Alexa at January 22, 2013 at 7:02 PM

hi there! im sorry its taken so long for someone to reply to you. im hoping you know your answer by now, as it differs for everybody. some ladies have 2 uterus' two cervices and two vaginas whereas others may have two uterus' but only one vaginal opening. best of luck. 

I too can only have sex on the right side. I have been on the Nuva Ring since my son was born and that is what I use the left side for. My husband has even quit asking to even try the left side because it is so painful. Both my children were carried on the right side and laying on my back was a funny site cause it looked like my belly was going to slide off. I found out when I was 20 and found out I was pregnant with my first baby. I found it difficult to find a doctor after my kids because I got tired of explaining my condition to the doctor. Shouldn't a gyno know these things.

I am new to this site and it is nice to finally find some women just like me. I have two wonderful children. They were both less than six pounds at birth but healthy as could be. I could not fully dialate during labor and my first was breach so they were both born through a c-section.

No one can tell me if it is more likely for my daughter tohave it because I do and they won't even check her until she is 16. I wish somebody would have found mine early cause then I would have had a better understanding of why I could and had to wear two tampons. Even though I had told the doctor about it and that when I did it there was a piece of skin (so I thought) that I could put each one on a different side. They still didn't find the reason for several years.

I have heard of women having the septum removed to help the chances of pregnancy, but have never heard of any one carrying in both uteris at the same time ( other than on grey's anatomy and I think it makes them look very bad at doing their research on the condition because I really do not believe that you could be pregnant on both side let alone three months apart) just because you have two your body still knows it is pregnant and you would stop ovulating all together.

--

Mary O

June 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ammu

hello

I have uterus didelphys,two cervix vagina.i taken ULTRA SOUND PELVIS. I can mention the report below my dr tell me to do hystero lap .is this necessary to do? if any body do this.please tell me about the report. also.what is yours uterus size?

ULTRASOUND PELVIS

------------------------------

BLADDER

---------------

Is normal in contour.No intra luminal echoes are seen.

UTERUS

-----------

One uterine horn measures 6.9 * 3.0 * 4.1 cms

Endometrium measures about 9.1 mm

Another uterine horn measures 7.0 * 2.6. * 4.0 cms

Endometrium measures about 8.2 mm

Ovaries

-----------

Right ovary measures 2.4 * 1.6 cms

Left ovary measures 2.4 * 1.7 cms

The echogenicity is normal on both sides.

P.O.D

--------

POD is free

September 4, 2013 at 12:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.