UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Introductions! > Hello, this is my story :)

pauseforasecond

Hi!

I'm a 23 year old female. I live in NZ.
When I was 21 I had a laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis. My surgeon discovered a vaginal septum and on further examination, that I had two cervices and two uteri.

A few months after my endo surgery, I had surgery to remove the vaginal septum. I've never had any issues from having UD, apart from finally realising why tampons didn't work for me during some periods (I had stuck them up the wrong side of the septum, the side that wasn't bleeding).

Nice to have a place where I can ask questions. I'm terrified of what this will mean for having children.

xx

September 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sweden

Hi!
I'm a 22 year old female living in Sweden. I have a story almost identical to you. When I was 20 I had a laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, at the same time the doctors discovered my uterus didelphys with a vaginal septum, two cervixes and two uteruses.
Today I struggle with my thoughts on pregnancy. I have a very severe form of endometriosis and I take strong medications which put me in a fake menopause at the moment. In two weeks I'm going to my doctor to discuss medication and future pregnancy. I don't know how it will end up for me...
Actually, you're the first woman I've "met" with both endometriosis and uterus didelphys, like me. I had surgery to remove my vaginal septum about four weeks ago. I'm still waiting for my wounds to heal completely. I bled a lot and about two weeks after the surgery I had to go to the hospital and sew because it had ruptured an artery in the wound. Now I have been free of bleeding for five days but I'm still worried that I'll start to bleed again.
Have the doctors said anything to you about pregnancy?

Sincerely,
Sweden

--
September 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

2ofeverything

i have the exact same thing, heres good news and wierd news, im 34, i have had 5 children all c-section, and ive delivered 2 on my right uterus and 3 on my left. when people walk behind me they could tell which side stuck out just a little bit more! hahaha (only those i told) so yes you can have babies, lots, but be ware of c-sections, i took the risk and had 5 of them. also the other uterus sometimes takes a few weeks to realize the other has a baby in it (sometimes up to 3 months) so if you have a positive preg. test make sure your done ovulating on the other, or you may get prego again, not twins iether, 2 different dates!

September 29, 2012 at 8:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nell

I have the same and have 3 healthy children all delivered by c-section, I have had 2 miscarriages aswell though (not to scare you) and also lost my little boy at 20 weeks (but this wasn't due to the UD)..  I got pregnant the 4th time with my son and had a sac in the other but it did not develop..

October 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.