UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Introductions! > Introductions!

Dancing Ice Princess

Hi everyone. I am 27 y/o, and found out that I have uterine didelphys last October 2012. Everything was the first: talk to the OB (I never visited the OB before), first pap smear, first ultrasound and 3D ultrasound.

At first, I was really scared and thought that something has caused this. However, upon further research and talk to the OB, I am perfectly fine except of, course, for the fact that I have a double uterus.

It all started last October 2012, a week after my period - I got unusual spottings for 3 days. I was terrified, went to the infirmary and was given instructions to go the emergency room. I thought I was pregnant, and that was the implantation period. The doctors tested me, negative. Pap smear - everything seems normal.

Ultrasound - that's the shocker. The sonologist gave me this quizzical look. And being the first timer, I was nervous. She asked another sonologist to take a look at the screen. And numerous things ran into my head. Then a bit later, after a long period, she smiled and said: "relax, I am taking pictures and will show it to you....here. You have 2 uterus..."

Imagine my face, shocked and scared (I can never forget that day). I asked her, I thought it's supposed to be one. Isn't it? That's what I learned in school.

She shaked her head and explained. Though I never understood everything. It just hit me. I am abnormal. She said, no. Not really. It's normal. In my head, "how can THAT be normal? I have 2 uterus!"

The sonologist said to go to the OB and have her explain. With further OB visits, I finally understood. I have a rare condition. And if I get pregnant, a special care should be done.

I am having further complications - I took Yaz hormonal pills to take care of the spotting last October (which was an epic fail..since I had spottings on November and December), January - I missed my period and there's a cystic follicle in me. I feared it was a cancerous one (turned out, it's the egg cell that didn't mature enough - thus the reason why I didn't had my period for January 2013).

February, I was given Duphaston to make me "bleed". And today, I had my period. However, I experienced dizziness, black spots in front of my eyes, my palms going cold, chills down my spine and numbness on my cheeks. This happened, thrice in a row. As I am typing this, I still feel a bit dizzy. I was given Vertilate (Betahistine Mesyiate), and asked to see my OB and probably an Neurologist to have me checked further.

I hope that this somehow enlightened someone who has read this. If you have questions, feel free to email me or send me a comment.

--

February 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dancing Ice Princess

Dancing Ice Princess at February 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Hi everyone. I am 27 y/o, and found out that I have uterine didelphys last October 2012. Everything was the first: talk to the OB (I never visited the OB before), first pap smear, first ultrasound and 3D ultrasound.

At first, I was really scared and thought that something has caused this. However, upon further research and talk to the OB, I am perfectly fine except of, course, for the fact that I have a double uterus.

It all started last October 2012, a week after my period - I got unusual spottings for 3 days. I was terrified, went to the infirmary and was given instructions to go the emergency room. I thought I was pregnant, and that was the implantation period. The doctors tested me, negative. Pap smear - everything seems normal.

Ultrasound - that's the shocker. The sonologist gave me this quizzical look. And being the first timer, I was nervous. She asked another sonologist to take a look at the screen. And numerous things ran into my head. Then a bit later, after a long period, she smiled and said: "relax, I am taking pictures and will show it to you....here. You have 2 uterus..."

Imagine my face, shocked and scared (I can never forget that day). I asked her, I thought it's supposed to be one. Isn't it? That's what I learned in school.

She shaked her head and explained. Though I never understood everything. It just hit me. I am abnormal. She said, no. Not really. It's normal. In my head, "how can THAT be normal? I have 2 uterus!"

The sonologist said to go to the OB and have her explain. With further OB visits, I finally understood. I have a rare condition. And if I get pregnant, a special care should be done.

I am having further complications - I took Yaz hormonal pills to take care of the spotting last October (which was an epic fail..since I had spottings on November and December), January - I missed my period and there's a cystic follicle in me. I feared it was a cancerous one (turned out, it's the egg cell that didn't mature enough - thus the reason why I didn't had my period for January 2013).

February, I was given Duphaston to make me "bleed". And today, I had my period. However, I experienced dizziness, black spots in front of my eyes, my palms going cold, chills down my spine and numbness on my cheeks. This happened, thrice in a row. As I am typing this, I still feel a bit dizzy. I was given Vertilate (Betahistine Mesyiate), and asked to see my OB and probably an Neurologist to have me checked further.

I hope that this somehow enlightened someone who has read this. If you have questions, feel free to email me or send me a comment.

woah. I found my very first post. :lol:

--

March 26, 2016 at 11:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.