UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Your Experiences > Normal Pregnancy and Birth

MP 1986

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my story as I know I was hesitant and scared about my UD before trying to have a baby. Feeling very grateful and lucky to say I had a normal pregnancy and natural birth:

I have two uterus' and two cervixes; I was incorrectly diagnosed with bicornate when I was 15 but had an MRI to confirm the exact configuration (and sizes!) late in 2011 as we wanted to try for a baby in 2012. I fell pregnant in my first cycle; and had an incredibly normal pregnancy. I never had surgery to remove the septum; so I had weekly checkups with the hospital OB just to ensure everything was on track. The only discomfort I had was that I had painful ribs from 20 weeks onwards. Bub was in my right uterus, and the limited space for him just meant a bit of pressure on my ribs on the same side; it had me worried about how the baby was feeling more than anything.

I knew full well that bub could come early, so I stopped work at the 28 week mark. My OB was satisfied that everything was travelling like a normal pregnancy so I wasn't put on bed rest. I was hoping for a natural birth and was granted one at 39 weeks and 4 days. My labour was 8 hours all up (only 3 of which felt like full-on labour); and I did end up needing a vacuum-assisted delivery because the vaginal wall got in the way. I did require an episiotomy, and the middle septum did tear during labour but the doctor stitched everything up.

I know its overwhelming having a 'different' composition; especially when it comes to pregnancy and labour. But wanted to share my story as its a positive one. Feel so blessed, grateful and lucky. Light and love to you all x

April 18, 2013 at 6:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Simone

Hi MP_1986 and everyone,

congratulations to your baby (the labour seems terrible, you must have been brave :-))

I was desperately seeking for such positive stories few months ago and this website offered me so much comfort! So now I am back to share my own fortunately positive experience with you.

I got pregnant via IVF (I think that the biggest problem was my husband's low sperm count, not uterus duplex). I had to stop to work very early due to nausea but I had no serious troubles until 24th week when the length of the cervix decreased to 17 mm. I ended up in hospital with shots of corticoides (necessary for baby's lungs). Then I was forbidden to do any physical exercise to avoid the preterm labour, I spent two months literraly lying on the sofa (terrible :-)).

Around 34th week I was allowed to go for short walks and two weeks later, my son was born. Finally I agreed to c-section because I did not open well and docs were afraid of vaginal injury in case of vaginal labour (due to the vaginal septum).

My son was born after 36w of pregnancy, healthy and quite big (49 cm, 3300g). Fortunately, he did not have any serious problems (only the icterus neonatorum and low blood sugar in the first days). However, it was obvious that he had been born one month earlier - he was too weak to suck milk normally and I had to use plastic caps during the first weeks. We also have to do a special exercise because he tends to turn his head to the right side and has higher muscle tonus which also happens more often in case of premature babies. But these difficulties are bearable and I am incredibly happy for having the healthy beauiful child with my condition.

I wish you all the best,

Simone

(sorry for my English, I am not native speaker)

--
May 3, 2013 at 8:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MP 1986

Thanks for adding your story too Simone, and congratulations on your baby also :)

--

"Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue." - Buddha

May 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ftonbabylove

Congrats to both of you! Such wonderful stories! MP 1986 - your pregnancy and delivery sound a lot like mine with my son!

--

Victoria

Live, Love, Laugh

May 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MP 1986
Another update; I had a second darling baby this March - same uterus and very uncomplicated natural delivery. And am now pregnant for a third time (in opposite uterus). Please have hope; our bodies can do incredible things.
--

"Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue." - Buddha

December 20, 2015 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.