UTERUS DIDELPHYS HELP

Click here to edit subtitle

Chat

Forum Home > Your Experiences > How did you find out?

Angela K

Just curious, how did everyone first find out about their condition? 

For me, I always knew the septum was there, I just didn't really question it or even know it was a septum for that matter. I honestly thought I just had the run-of-the-mill vagina. I've been to 4 different gynecologists that always stated "looks normal" at the end of the examination. I didn't bring it into question until my current boyfriend (the second guy I was sexually active with) pointed it out. I just thought it was funny (and slightly concerning) that it went unnoticed by several different medical professionals. :roll:

April 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kelsey D.

I was first told that I have UD about a year ago (winter 2012). I originally went into the doctor to try to get diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) because I had (and still have) some of the symptoms and a previous doctor told me that he thought I might have it. They eventually did an ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries. When the results came back, I was never told if my ovaries are polycystic, but I was told that I have UD. Before I knew, I also had a couple different docs do normal exams and never mentioned that anything looked different.

--

*Former Marine Corps Wife

*Current WyoTech Wife

Here's to a better future *cheers*

April 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LolaM

I was having some pain and my dr was concerned so she sent my for an MRI

May 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kanekl
I had regular pap smears, it went undetected, they just told me my uterus was small. When I found out I was pregnant with my son, they did a more thorough exam, and thats when it was discovered, at age 24.
February 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dancing Ice Princess

Angela K at April 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Just curious, how did everyone first find out about their condition? 

For me, I always knew the septum was there, I just didn't really question it or even know it was a septum for that matter. I honestly thought I just had the run-of-the-mill vagina. I've been to 4 different gynecologists that always stated "looks normal" at the end of the examination. I didn't bring it into question until my current boyfriend (the second guy I was sexually active with) pointed it out. I just thought it was funny (and slightly concerning) that it went unnoticed by several different medical professionals. :roll:

Hi, Angela K.

I am 30-years old and I found out about it 3-4 years ago, I had spotting before and after my period. It was also my first time to visit the OB.
The doctors who checked me were surprised. And thought that the screen had an error. They have to re-do my ultrasound everytime.

When I was younger - I thought that I just had a heavy flow and that the menstrual cramps really do hurt like hell. There are times that I couldn't get up and go to school/work..well, normally, in school - they teach us that it's just one uterus and one cervix. No one really talks about UD and other unique reproductive cases.

I am quite happy to know that there are other women who are just like me. :)

--

March 26, 2016 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rhonda94
Since I began getting smear tests at the age of 20, I have had minor changes and in my latest one they came back "abnormal". I got a hospital appointment with a gynaecologist for a colposcopy. Doctors have always had trouble finding my cervix for smear tests but this time she couldn't find it at all but said she could feel a division in the middle which is sometimes linked to having two cervixes. She sent me for a scan where it was confirmed I have double uterus.
October 19, 2016 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.