Click here to edit subtitle

Forum Home > Off-Topic discussion > Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)

[email protected]

Hi ladies,

Just looking for some advice from anyone who has had a hysterosalpingogram (HSG), I'm having one next week and quite frankly I'm a little scared...of the pain more than anything! I am looking forward to having it though in a way, because hopefully i'll actually get a clear picture of my insides....and more importantly whether I can conceive naturally.

I wondered if any of you have had one and what your experience was...I don't know how many cervixes I have,so I'm also hoping this will clear things up. Did anyone else find this out during an HSG?

Thanks for any advice that heads my way!!!

Emma x

June 20, 2009 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Had the hsg yesterday...everything is blocked, I can't have a baby naturally. I feel like the bottom has dropped out of my world, I feel likea complete failure. 

June 25, 2009 at 8:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Site Owner

Emma :( I've only just seen this... I'm so sorry x

Would you like to talk about it at all? You don't have to of course, just if it would help.

Thinking of you and sending all my love, Phoebe Xxx

July 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hey Emma,

I am so sorry, i know you are probably sick of people saying to you its ok, and i totally understand your feelings. I did see some cases posted on other forums with people that had their tubes blocked but you know what, they all got pregnant. sometimes just having the hsg done because they are pushing fluid in the tubes that by itself helps opening them (this is why a some doctors will say the first 3 months after an hsg some people will have better time getting pregnant). just keep hopeful at least now you know what the problem is and can make a step to fix it..... i am keeping you in  my prayers!!!! 

July 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Thank you both of you for your messages...its been 2 weeks now since we found out the devastating news, and I've spent most of it being very very very angry. My husband has been incredibly tolerant...and very supportive. I was diagnosed with bilateral hydrosalpinx which means both tubes are blocked, and its not repairable...this was probably caused by my ectopic surgery in March. I had surgery on both tubes,  partial removal of my left and repairs on my right. Apparrantly the adhesions from the surgery have cause this to happen. Anyway, the doc has advised me to have both of my remaining tubes clamped or removed. I have my surgery booked for 31st July. The tubes need removing before we're allowed to start IVF, as there may be a possible infection in the tubes which could endanger or abort any future baby. We start IVF on 15th Sep....starting this procedure has given me some much needed focus...i finally feel as if I'm on a positive path. We have had so much bad news this past few months....but I have decided I will not let this beat me....we will do everything we can to get the baby we desire. I'm sick of being angry and upset, I just want to be happy!!!!

The only good thing that came from the HSG was I finally got to se my UD on an xray. It showed  definately only have 1 cervix, and both of my wombs are a really good size, as I thought they are completely seperate. It was fascinating to see that! Pity the tubes weren't as good as everything else! Thought I might try to post the pic on this website at some point.

Anyway, thanks again, will keep you posted on what happens....you never know....I might actually get to write something good on here one day!!!!!

Emma xxxx

July 12, 2009 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gina H

I am so sorry to read this Emma. I can see where this would be devastating news. How is the IVF going?

December 17, 2009 at 10:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Hi there Gina,

Sorry its taken so long for me to reply, not on here very much...but I have good news!!! I am pregnant!!! On my 2nd cycle of IVF, as you can imagine I am totally ecstatic, I never thought I'd get here, and I'm so relieved. Its early days, i only found out last week, so I'm about 5 weeks, so fingers crossed. But me and my DH are delighted, hooray!!!

Emma x

April 11, 2010 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Emma! how did your pregnancy go?

April 13, 2011 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but it way too cost, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Priest Babaka, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i got pregnant.l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: [email protected]

November 1, 2016 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.